- 2 8 ounce containers plain Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 16 ounce container of Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar (can substitute raw or sucanat)
- juice of 2 lemons, about 6 tablespoons
- zest of two lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup vegan butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Make your flax “egg”. Stir together 3 tablespoons warm water and 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal and let sit for at least 5-10 minutes, or until sticky and egg-like.
- Make the crust. Melt the vegan butter (or margarine) and stir into other crust ingredients. Press into a springform pan about halfway up the sides. Bake at 375º F for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350º F. Place Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese in a blender and blend briefly, until quite soft. Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and flax “egg” and blend until smooth. Add Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese and pulse until just combined, but not so smooth as to overpower the “ricotta” texture.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for about 45 minutes, or until top sides begin to turn golden-brown. The center will not set but will firm up later in the fridge. When finished baking, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled and serve with blueberry white wine sauce.
Blueberry White Wine Sauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or 1/3 cup vegan sugar)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- zest of 1 lemon
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until desired consistency. If desired, use an immersion stick blender to smooth out the texture a bit, or carefully blend until smooth in a regular blender for a perfectly smooth texture. Serve with chilled a slice of cheesecake.
Created exclusively for Tofutti Brands, Inc. by Cheryl Hurley.
All content ©2016 Tofutti Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved